Fri, Jul 08|
Copper City Swing School at the Z-Room
Intro to Lindy Hop
This free half-hour lesson briefly reviews the history of the dance, why we still do it today, and a few steps so you can see what you can learn in the progressive class! Stay for the social dance!
TIME & LOCATION
Jul 08, 2022, 8:00 PM – Jul 29, 2022, 9:00 PM
Copper City Swing School at the Z-Room, 1337 S Gilbert Rd UNIT 116, Mesa, AZ 85204, USA
ABOUT THE CLASS:
Try out swing dancing for free and see if it's for you!
Intro to Lindy Hop will briefly cover the history of the people who made the dance, why it's an essential American social hobby, then we will teach the distinguishing parts of the dance that make it some of the most fun you can have when you're out with friends!
- The social dance after 'Intro to Lindy Hop' is $10/social or $20 for 4 social dances if you pay all at once!
- Each week will be the same lesson more or less
- The best part about swing dancing is the social aspect! So stay and meet new and interesting people!
- Pre-registration is recommended but drop-ins are allowed any Friday of the month!
- Sign up as an individual. No partner required!
- We want you to know exactly what you're signing up for if you take one of our classes. Which is why we made the intro class free!
- Stay after to check out the social dance and join us all for drinks and food after 10 pm!
7 pm - 8 pm | Lindy Hop 1
8 pm - 8:30 pm | FREE Intro to Lindy Hop + Open practice
9 pm - 10 pm | Social dance
10 pm - ??? | Food and drinks!
Lindy Hop 1 students will have the open practice time to work on what they learned from class, private lessons, youtube, and workshops. Practice whatever you want! Instructors will be available to answer questions and help guide your practice!
Before coming, all guests are required to understand our health & COVID policy at www.coppercityswing.com/covid-policy
Intro to Lindy Hop | Class 1 | July 8th
Intro to Lindy Hop | Class 2 | July 15
July - Intro to Lindy Hop
The class content is the same week to week